Saturday, February 7, 2009

A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S DREAM


ADO's new Challenge Shakespeare, is so exciting I had to get started right away.

My favorite play A Midsummer Night's Dream, has lots of great characters and faeries, I started two characters Queen of the Fairies, Titania and Bottom the Weaver, with the head of the donkey.
The story is Puck casts a spell on Bottom to give him a head of a donkey, and Titania while sleeping has magic love drops placed on her eyelids, when she awakened,
she will fall in love with whoever she sees first, which as luck would have it," it is Bottom," who ends up being lavishly kept by the Queen.
My two sculptures are cotton knit and the bodies have been sculpted, the faces are blank, ready for sculpting and painting and a donkey head must be fashioned out of cloth.

More pictures to come as they progress.
Art Dolls Only is a great new club of very talented Art Doll artists, group chats, forums, blogs

Check it out at artdollsonlyblogspot.com

My studio Kitty Sailfish is feeling better, and is very quiet, she has stopped singing "Someday my Prince will come" YAY she will be off to the vet this week for a little nip and tuck.