Tuesday, March 17, 2009

MEMORIES OF ST. PATTY'S DAY

I belong to this fabulous group of artists ADO, artdollsonly.blogspot.com

Every month they have a mini monthly challenge, and this month GREEN was the inspiration
I made a hand dyed faerie in shades of green. She has Angelina fiber collage wings.




St. Patty's Day always brings back fond memories of my home town Chicago. St. Patty's Day is a huge event. The River is dyed bright green, the smell of corn beef and cabbage is everywhere, and creamy potato soup with a side of green beer. The great parade down State Street, and the wearing of the green. This is one of my favorite windy city holidays, feeling a little home sick, I gazed out the window and saw a green fairy-bird whistling a tune. This brought a smile to my face. A gentle tapping on the window, and a Green Sprite dancing a Irish Jig!

I may miss Chicago, but I love Florida, where all my little friends live!