Thursday, January 21, 2010

TIME TO LEAVE THE NEST

Lots of whispering
Faeries love to whisper secrets, I can tell my Fairy Children are restless
They whisper of great adventures and new places
I can always tell when it is time,
for my beautiful children to leave!

Over the past year, as I've created the 12 inch soft doll, and stocked my shop
I often experiment with larger sizes 19 to 22 inches

I find it easier to wire fingers and ears

try out painted and dying techniques
elaborate wings

fabulous crowns

and felting and free motion stitching

working with beads and making flowers and rosettes

I have often called these lovely ladies
My Private Collection

Now it is time for them to leave the nest
Like any good Fairy Mother
I shed a tear and say goodbye
and send them off to great adventures
These Art Dolls were truly made with love!
(click on any photo to enlarge)
over the next few weeks I will be posting
20 large soft sculpture dolls
these 5 are in my shop