Wednesday, October 27, 2010

DOIN NUTIN

It is not often that I get to do nothing
I run a Marine business with my Capt. hubby
24/7 dispatch phones keep me in my office studio

But today was warm and sunny, and I escaped to explore

I live in Central Florida, under the Great Ocala Forest
and in the forest are many beautiful Springs

Wekiwa Springs
crystal clear water
bubbling up from under the rocks

leading towards the River
that beckoned a canoe adventure
But not today
today was for doin nutin

enjoying the beautiful peaceful surroundings

Wishing I had brought a swim-suit

the water was so pretty
and I love to swim

I use to keep my back seat of my car full of beach stuff

but gone are the days of bikinis and boogie boards

the tranquility of this gorgeous place brought back so many memories
of beach life, sailing, and diving

the water felt cool and creamy
than my back pocket of my jeans started ringing
life had found me

Back to work
and all my little sweet faces that keep me company
note to self
buy bathing suit!