Monday, April 4, 2016

LOVE & HATE


recently I did a studio redo, new desks, and organizations of materials
right in the middle of making clay sculpted dolls
it has become clear, the dragging of the feet syndrome
is happening
 it is time to move on to art work that
makes me excited
Going into my Senior years, a disinterest in 
soft sculpture dolls, mostly because it hurts my hands to sew and stuff.
recently becoming bored with clay sculpted dolls all the dust and sanding, I hate 
wearing a mask
 and dreaming of porcelain dolls
I want to make now


with my investment of a new kiln that holds six dolls
and all the supplies 
making the decision to only sculpt new dolls for molds
porcelain is a time consuming slow going art form
so I'm learning to relax and slow down in my old age
it also leaves time for other creative art
sewing couture something I have neglected 



my love hate relationship with porcelain
has turned into pure love
the enjoyment of  making new plaster molds
the coolness of the clay
and most of the work can be done inside my studio
instead of outside where it is always
hot in Florida


China Girl will be my last clay doll for awhile
until I'm bored of porcelain
which I believe won't happen any time soon
I will be closing out all the clay and soft dolls
in my Etsy shop
because I am in love
with porcelain puppets
check out my new shop
tomorrow
April 5th